Having your garage door replaced or repaired in Port Coquitlam need not be a stressful time. The Titan Garage Doors team are the very best at what they do and we ensure that you are happy with every stage of the process. If your current garage door is causing you problems, we will quickly diagnose the problem and provide a solution that you will be more than happy with.
Get a FREE Estimate Today!
Call 604.313.0108 or
POCO The home of Paralimpiam Terry Fox and over 60,000 port Coquitlam residents. The majority of them reside in single houses with detached garages or attached ones. At Titan Garage Doors Coquitlam, we provide outstanding garage door services ranging from sensors alignments to commercial bay door installation. We Are based out of Port Coquitlam. We take pride and enjoy providing Port Coquitlam residents outstanding, affordable 5-star service.
Garage door spring replacement
A broken garage door spring is unavoidable. Just a matter of time, the variables are usage, and what is the cycle rating of the spring and are your garage door springs are the right size?
Most springs are rated at 10,000 cycles. One cycle = door opening and closing, most homeowners use the garage door on average about 4 times a day; in this usage, the springs should last about 7 years.
if you use your garage door as the entry door to your house, the lifespan will “drop.”
Is your spring is the right size?
This is a crucial question, having the wrong size spring can affect the functionality of the garage door and opener, and even can put yourself and loved ones at risk.
How can I check, you might ask. the answer to this query is simple; we call it the balance test, all you need to do is disengage your garage door, move it manually and leave it in the halfway up if the door drops or keeps on climbing on its own, there are two options either it is the wrong size spring, or it might need an adjustment
How much would a spring replacement cost?
A standard torsion spring replacement would cost anywhere from 145-220 plus GST.
Garage Door Types And standard sizes
Standard traditional design garage doors come 3 different configurations.
Garage door construction
- Non-insulated-steel back 1 Layer
- Semi insulated- 2 layer
- Fully insulated- 3 layer
- 8×7, 9×7, 10×7, 16×7
- 8×8, 9×8, 10×8, 16×8
- Gray tint
Residential Garage Door Models
Contact us for more options
Garage Door Openers
Garage door openers are made to make our life more comfortable, and our homes secure. We mostly carry Liftmaster and Linear but service all other brands such as Steel Craft, Wayne Dalton, Craftsman, Atmos, Ryobi, Marantec, Genie, Overhead, Stanly
We Provide same day installation
Common garage door opener malfunctions
- My garage door opens on its own- A Common failure in the logic/ motherboard, in older openers, in particular ones without safety sensors, which indicate that they work on the dipswitch technology. the best solution is a replacement and getting a much more secure rolling code garage door opener
- The garage door will not close- most likely a sensor alignment or faulty safety sensors(eyes)
- The garage door will lift only a few inches- can be a force adjustment or a broken spring
Before every Opener installation, we balance the garage door if needed.
My garage door is really noisy. What can I do?
If you own a house in POCO at a certain point, you will find yourself repairing and DIYing something. The garage door could be one of them as this is a favourite for DIY enthusiasts, we strongly recommend calling a professional to avoid self-inflicted harm. But what you can do is reduce the noise the garage door makes!
There are a few ways to turn a noisy garage door to a quiet one.
- Lubrication! Every mechanism with moving parts should be lubricated, and a garage door is no different. Lubricate the hinges, rollers, springs and bearing!
- Replace broken hardware such as cracked hinges and worn out rollers always use ball bearing rollers as they are a superior option to their nylon ones!
- Inspect the bearing plates and center bearing for wear and tear
- Check for binding in all other parts.
WARNING – A garage door and its components are under immense tension and can cause injury and even death!
Wooden garage doors
We get a lot of phone calls about wooden and if it is possible to repair.
The fast answer is no.
The old wooden door with the traditional design is a thing of the past unless you are willing to put at least 5k.
Nowadays, steel doors with wooden finish are the go-to for a great low-cost, no maintenance, variable R-value garage doors.
If you still want to go with a wooden garage door, you have to keep in mind that these garage doors are high manitance. You will need to coat it at least once a year to prevent water damage and discoloration. if you don’t mind, the extra work wooden garage doors are entirely custom, which can result in a beautiful adding to your house, but as we mentioned before, they are not budget-friendly.
still, we can repair wooden garage door hardware, but when it comes to panel replacement it gets harder and harder every day
In past years there is a rise in scams, to avoid a garage door scam,
- get upfront pricing.
- Check for the company’s online reputation.
- Get a few quotes.
- Make sure it is a real garage door company and not a guy working from his truck/van!
- a bad sign is a garage door tech that will ask for cash only
- check for warranty details
- some companies advertise under a various name and will send out just anyone, an easy way to check is to confirm the name of the company you call
Call us today for same-day service for residential and commercial doors from a reputable local company