Assisting Abbotsford Homeowners
Living in Abbotsford has many advantages, including all of the fun activities available. From Western Canada’s largest airshow to the many marketplaces to farms and parks, families and singles alike are sure to find something for everyone. With all of this, the Municipal Affairs and Housing department are working towards providing more affordable housing for middle-income households in the area. There are plans underway for the government to invest in non-profit organization partnerships. While buying a new home may sound appealing, some homeowners are opting to replace or repair items in their existing homes to avoid the expense of moving. Replacing your garage door will provide your home with a completely new look and add curb appeal. Titan Garage Doors has a myriad of possibilities to upgrade and beautify your home!
Choosing a Door
There are many styles, colours, and options offered for your new door. First, consider the type of home you have – is it a farmhouse or a Victorian architecture or modern? Some of the choices available for the style of the door are:
- Carriage house doors look much like an old-fashioned carriage used for housing horse-drawn hackneys. While charming, changing the colour of your carriage house door can make it look more rustic. With the convenience of an overhead opening, this unique door appears to swing outward like barn doors.
- Contemporary doors are for the more modern home. Constructed of crisp, clean lines, these doors will compliment your home and enhance the exterior’s overall look and feel.
- Traditional doors are the tried and true garage openings on older homes – a classic door with a variety of panel possibilities and colours.
Windows To See the World
Adding windows to any building structure allows the light in and brightens it up. Putting windows in the door on your garage will not only provide light but also boost the aesthetics of your home. Window choices include:
- Windows across the top of the door are more traditional.
- Placing windows down one side of the door provides a contemporary look.
- Mosaic windows are a unique design.
- Windows can be frosted, tinted, seeded, or mirrored.
- Custom windows might be arched, have decorative grilles, or equipped with inserts to make a sunburst or other design.
Making the garage the focal point of your home requires selecting the right colours. At Titan, we offer a plethora of colours as well as a custom matching program to complement your current home colours. Our colour palette includes:
- Wicker tan
- Charcoal Gray
- Sand tone
- Dark brown
- Golden Oak
Purchasing an insulated door for your garage provides several important benefits. Not only will it keep the temperature of your area more comfortable, but it will also insulate against outside sound and last longer than a typical uninsulated door. To upgrade, buyers can expect to pay about 20% more for an insulated door. There are different levels and layers of options for insulation. At Titan, we carry the following:
- 1000 – Single layer of steel exterior only with a bottom weather seal
- 2000 – Single layer of steel exterior, polystyrene insulate with a bottom weather seal
- 3000 – Single layer of steel exterior, polystyrene or polyurethane insulation, an interior steel layer with a bottom weather seal
R-Value is the construction industry’s measurement of a product’s ability to resist heat. The higher the R-value, the better the product is at deflecting heat. R-Values that Titan’s clients choose from include:
R-Value Percentage of heat flow Percentage of energy improvement vs R-8
R-8 90% –
R-12 93% 3%
R-16 95% 5%
R-20 96% 6%
R-32 97% 7%
*based on 4,000 sq ft of insulation