Garage door Upgrades for Mission Homeowners
Located just a little over an hour away from Vancouver, Mission is home to many lakes, rivers, and a breathtaking view of the Frasier Valley. This outdoor mountain city offers activities for everyone. From extraordinary fishing spots to wonderous hiking areas to art exhibits and museums, Mission hosts an abundance of fun, exercise, and mind-stretching knowledge. For the foodies among us, this town features an eccentric selection of restaurants, pubs, diners, and for the in a hurry, hunger, fast food. With all of these benefits, homeowners in Mission are well aware of the extremely high housing prices in the area. Many people are opting to renovate their home versus purchasing a new home to circumvent the area’s economics. One of the highest-rated home improvements is replacing your garage door. Titan is the choice garage doors Mission contractor for your new door.
Why Should I Replace My Door?
Garage doors have made great strides from the traditionally dull past choices. There are many new styles, colours, and options. Also, purchasing a door with insulation is now a reality to make your home more secure and energy-efficient. Other than personal preference to make your home look better, here are some reasons to upgrade:
- A leaking door will result in damage to the foundation of your home, as well as any items that are nearby the sustain water damage. Rusted tools, boxes of items stored in the garage, lawn equipment, and anything else that is inside your garage may become water-logged or grow mildew due to moisture.
- An older door is not a secure door. Entering through a broken or defective door is an easy way in for a thief.
- A new door comes with a warranty and is certain to be maintenance free for some time to come. Old doors will eventually require repairs.
- Coming home to a garage that won’t open is inconvenient and maybe unsafe. Trying to open a stuck door, particularly at night, can cause an injury or draw unwanted visitors’ attention.
- As we have already stated, you can save on utility bills and save energy to take better care of our planet with a new door. It will provide a much more comfortable space to perform tasks such as woodworking, painting, or repair to furniture, lawn equipment, or other items.
- Replacing the door to your garage acts as a return on investment of up to 94.5%.
- Your home will have better curb appeal, and you will enjoy it more.
Door Choices Available
Adding a new door will change the feel of your home. There are several exciting and stunning door additions to the industry. Titan offers the following:
- Traditional – If you own a more classic home and prefer to keep it that way, the traditional door is your jam. These doors do come in a variety of raised panel choices.
- Carriage – Carriage doors mimic old-fashioned doors on the building where horse-drawn surreys were stored. If you prefer a more rustic look, changing the paint colour will create a barn door look.
- Contemporary – For a modern home, a contemporary door lends a clean, crisp line for your home’s aesthetics.
What About Windows?
To provide more light, windows are an excellent addition to the door of your garage. Clients can choose from windows across the top, down the side, or mosaic design. You can also choose window inserts, grilles, or arched-shaped windows.
While you don’t have to choose an insulated door, it definitely has its advantages. Insulated doors not only help to regulate the temperature in the garage, they also block outside noises and keep your noise inside. There are several types of insulation:
- Non-insulated doors are made of steel and include a bottom weatherstrip.
- A double insulated door has a layer of steel, a polystyrene or polyurethane layer, and a bottom weatherstrip.
- A triple-insulated door has a layer of steel, a layer of polystyrene or polyurethane, another layer of steel, and a bottom weatherstrip.
R-value measures the thermal resistance of a construction product. The higher the R-value, the better the insulation it provides. Typical R-values include:
Titan offers classic colours such as black, white, almond, dark brown, golden oak and more. Customers who want to match the paint colour to shutters or trim have the ability to do so.
Titan has two convenient garage repair office locations in Coquitlam and Vancouver. Our expert trained team is ready to install your new garage door. Call us today to schedule an appointment: +1 604 313 0108